Formed in 2002, Nevelex began as a research and development consultancy with a drive to help our clientele achieve their vision through our technological know-how. Nevelex prides itself on well-planned, effective, and efficient designs based on working closely and communicating well with our clientele.
Apply now on the Nevelex Job Board!
Looking for YouLooking for You
Click the 'More Info' button to view our current list of job postings (you'll be able to apply there too). Even if you are not a perfect match for our existing job postings, you may still be a perfect fit for us. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who can add additional skills to our development teams, sales and marketing teams, or administrative staff.
We describe our culture as laid-back, but results oriented, and collaborative. We are looking for motivated people who enjoy the rewards of their work and are passionate about it too.
401K Retirement Plan401K Retirement Plan
Nevelex offers our employees a 401K retirement plan with the following benefits.
- Employees are immediately vested at 100% of the company match.
- Company Match:
- Nevelex makes a dollar for dollar match up to 4% of an employee’s income.
- Employees are automatically enrolled at 3% with the ability to change contributions rates.
Bus and Light-Rail Commuter BenefitsBus and Light-Rail Commuter Benefits
Nevelex provides a $20 monthly commuter benefit for those taking public transportation, such as bus and light-rail services.
In Bloomington, Minnesota, Nevelex is conveniently located at the METRO Blue Line's American Boulevard stop. Both of our office spaces are conveniently located near bus stops.
Nevelex provides fruits and snacks to graze on throughout the week. We couldn't even get a picture of the fruits because they went so fast.
Fun Run and DonationsFun Run and Donations
At Nevelex, we feel it is important to give back to our communities. In addition to financial contributions made to charities listed below, we have had team members participate in charitable events, such as fun runs.
In recent years, we have donated to the following charities:
Volunteer TimeVolunteer Time
We pay more than just lip service to volunteering. Nevelex lets you take paid time off to volunteer for a nonpolitical organization.
On-the-Job Training and CertificationsOn-the-Job Training and Certifications
Based on market needs and internal planning, we also provide on-the-job training courses to improve our team's skill sets. We have recently done Scaled Agile Practitioner/Agilist training and certification, Big Data (Hadoop) courses, and AWS cloud certification courses to name just a few.
Office LunchesOffice Lunches
We aim to create a fun and collaborative environment for everyone on the team. Nothing brings people together like food and drink, so we've established a bi-weekly tradition of buying lunch for the entire office.
Bicycle Commuter BenefitsBicycle Commuter Benefits
A number of our employees regularly commute by bicycle to the office. To encourage even more, Nevelex provides a monthly $20 benefit to cover bicycle equipment purchases and commuting repair costs. Did you know that Minneapolis is the only U.S. city listed on the worldwide bike friendly list? On top of all that, biking is just plain relaxing and fun.
Education ReimbursementEducation Reimbursement
Nevelex provides a yearly education reimbursement stipend to help cover approved courses for all of our employees.
Insurance CoverageInsurance Coverage
For peace of mind, we offer a basket of insurance coverage to our employees.
- Health Insurance:
- Nevelex offers two types of health plan options to its full-time employees and their eligible family members - a traditional co-pay plan and a high deductible plan.
- Nevelex employees can participate in an optional vision program that covers some of the costs of vision wear and contact lenses.
- Nevelex offers dental coverage to its full-time employees and their eligible family members through MetLife’s Network of dentists. Out of Network benefits are also available at the usual and customary coverage.
- Short-Term Disability:
- Nevelex provides Minnesota employees short-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee when an employee is out of work due to illness or injury. California employees receive disability coverage through the state plan.
- Long-Term Disability:
- Nevelex provides full-time employees long-term disability coverage at no cost. This benefit provides employees with 60% of their pay after 90 days of an absence due to illness or injury up to medicare eligibility.
- Life Insurance:
- Nevelex provides full-time employees with a base $50,000 life insurance. Employees may purchase additional life insurance for themselves equal to 5 times their annual income up to $100,000. Employees may also purchase life insurance for their spouse and dependent children.
Tech TalksTech Talks
To encourage knowledge sharing and improve productivity, we provide regular tech talks to discuss various technologies, best practices, and language features. The topics vary from the latest C++ standards to OpenGL APIs to client specific subjects, but the goals stay the same. We seek to transfer knowledge, improve productivity, and help employees become fulfilled.
Employee AppreciationEmployee Appreciation
In addition to celebrating our successes on our projects with food and games, we like to have a couple of parties to celebrate you being part of our team.
- Summer Outing:
- A family focused event where we have previously done a boat cruise (A three hour tour, a three hour tour...), baseball game, and picnic.
- Holiday Party:
- Typically, a more formal affair than our typical Summer Outing for our employees and a significant other.